Monday 4 May 2015

Man Arrested in England for quoting Winston Churchill



Winston Churchill is my hero. I have admired him ever since as a child I first heard the recordings of his inspirational and resonant wartime speeches. He led the defence of Britain against the Nazi terror. He also won the Nobel Prize for Literature. Here you see a man quoting from one of Churchill's books. The man is arrested and taken into custody for quoting Churchill. It happened a year ago. But at the time I didn't hear about it. I just came across it now by chance. I feel as if the carpet has been pulled from under me. The values I always held to be true and noble have been suddenly swept away. I am sad, not for myself, but for my country which is no longer the country my ancestors risked their lives to protect. 


"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile hoping it will eat him last"

"Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.