Saturday 22 November 2014

Egon Schiele the Icon





Two recent  posts Egon Schiele in Prison and Egon Schiele may be found via the blog search-box if required. The Leopold Museum is situated in the centre of Vienna in a public space known as MQ (the Museum Quarter). It was for leaving such works as the one shown here carelessly lying about in his atelier within sight of children that Schiele was imprisoned. He had been warned by other artists to be more careful. Time moves on, and we with it. 

Here's one by me. I call it The Last of the Summer Wine. 




6 comments:

  1. I like your colourful page header. I have yet to get to the Egon Schiele exhibition at the Courtauld in London, but I will. Your little drawing was done while you sat gazing across the lake no doubt, with your wine glass to hand. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel. I like the header too. It is made from two free postcards I found in the rack in the foyer of my local cinema. I hope you enjoy the Schiele exhibition.I think you will. He's not everybody's taste but I think he was very innovative. A free spirit. A genuine artist in other words. My sketch shows 3 wine glasses. Unfortunately if we met again there would only be two. Hence the allusion to time and of course the lengthening shadows.

      Delete
  2. As you say Gwil, time moves on - and it always will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat, it moves so quickly. I can hardly keep up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to live it as it comes. Everyday is a snapshot from the whole and to be lived as such. Today I am here.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.